The ECA and FMI are pleased to launch the Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) in Alberta for the first time. Building on our relationship from our ECA/FMI Canadian Leadership Institute (CLI), which began in 2015, the ELI is a new program focused on developing emerging leaders.
About the Program: Just being a technically skilled builder is not good enough in today’s competitive construction market. Although people need to have a solid foundation of technical knowledge, the most successful leaders of the future will have also developed strong management, leadership and business skills in order to grow their company’s profitability.
- Identify your own communications style and learn practical skills for dealing with different types of individuals
- Learn the difference between leadership and management
- Understand how to create a culture of accountability, gain respect and develop people to achieve superior performance.
- Build productive, long-term client relationships with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction that will help turn your clients into “raving fans”
- Learn new behaviors to improve your time-mastery skills and your personal productivity
- Develop your individual action plan that can be tracked and monitored over time to ensure lasting benefits from attending this program
Who Should Attend: The Emerging Leaders Institute is designed for new leaders or those identified as having supervisory responsibilities in the future.
- New or potential leaders
- Departmental leaders
- Project leaders
- Assistant project leaders
- Project engineers
- Field leaders/foremen/superintendents
Agenda: The course will be 3 days (in-person) or 4 days if delivered virtually. A decision on delivery type will be made in September based on COVID protocols.
Dates: October 6th – 8th: In Person/Full Day Sessions OR October 6th – 9th: Online/Half Day Sessions.
Investment: $4,250 all-inclusive, reducible to ~$1,450 with the Canada-Alberta Job Grant.
Digital Project Delivery (“DPD”) has been an emerging concept for building lifecycle activities for over 5 years. In the last 2 years, Alberta has been leading the transition in Canada towards DPD through the release of Owner requirements for digital handover by Alberta Infrastructure and the University of Alberta. With a growing desire to deliver projects digitally and significant advancement in leveraging data throughout a building’s lifecycle, there are opportunities for all stakeholders to contribute to this digital process. DPD allows for better designed, built and operated building assets. It also means more profit for everyone.
The ECA is supporting this transition through a Digital Project Delivery Curriculum. Through the leadership of Holo-Blok architecture and Edmonton’s leading industry experts, the program will prepare all stakeholders for the part they play in the digital process.
- Day One | September 23rd & 24th 2020, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM (Both Days)
$495.00 + GST & includes the following:
- 8 instructional hours split into 2 half-day virtually instructor-led training sessions on the topic of Digital Project Delivery for all stakeholders
- Using the Zoom platform
- A certificate of completion
- 1 Gold Seal credit
- The opportunity to network with other companies
- Discounted bundled rate to follow for those who are interested in attending Day 2 and Day 3